+380.000 other summaries
A unique study tool
A rehearsal system for this summary
Studycoaching with videos
Remember faster, study better. Scientifically proven.
PREMIUM summaries are quality controlled, selected summaries prepared for you to help you achieve your study goals faster!
Summary - Introduction to Management
1.1 Working today
Intelectual capital: is the shared knowledge of a workforce.
= competency * commitment.
commitment = willingness to work hard.
competency = talents and capabilities
Knowledge worker: critical thinker
What group of workers does Shamrock oganization works with
full time and long-term
What happens in a free-agent economy?
people often change jobs
What are open systems?
Organizational ernvironment, to transform resource inputs into product output.s
wat is het doel van een organisatie?
- goederen en diensten te leveren
- waarde toevoegen in de samenleving
- In behoefte voorzien
Technology: Tech IQ
Workforce Diversity: differences between workers
organization = collection of people working toghetter to achieve a common goal/purpose.
- menselijke samenwerking
- Gericht op continuïteit
What is a manager?
Person who supports activates and is responsible for the work of others
Levels of managers?
Board of directors
Function of linemanager?
Responsible for the direct contribution to the organization's outputs
Staff managers: technical expertise to advise and support linemanagers
Functional manager is responsible for 1 area such as: Finance, marketing.
General manager: responisble for several functional areas.
Administrator is manager of a non-profit organization
Organisatie is succesvol wanneer:
Er waarde toevoeging plaats vindt
Wanneer vindt waarde toevoeging plaats:
- Behalen van winst
- Voegen welvaart in de samenleving toe
What does a corporate government do?
holds top managers accountable for organizational performance
Talent:Intellectual capital = collective brainpower/shared knowledge of a workforce
Tech IQ = ability to use technology and stay informed on the latest technology
What is globaliztion?Worldwide interdependence or resource flows, product markets, and business competition
Ethics: what is good and wrong
Workforce diversity: differences among workers; age ethnicity, regligion etc.
Shamrock organization: core group of Full-time workers supported by part-time workers
Latest added flashcards
- Industry compitition
- New entrants
- Substitute products and services
- bargaining power of suppliers -influance the price
- bargaining power of customers
- Define your objectives
- Determine where you stand vis-a-vis objectives - evaluate current accomplishments to the desired results
- Develop premises regarding future conditions -anticipate future events, make scenario's for what may happen.
- Analyze alternatives and make a plan
- Implement the plan and evaluate results
- imagining thinking about new possibilities
- designing prototypes
- assesing identifying costs/benefits etc.
- scaling implementing and commercializing
- product innovation
- Process innovation
- Business model innovation
- Social business innovation