+380.000 other summaries
A unique study tool
A rehearsal system for this summary
Studycoaching with videos
Remember faster, study better. Scientifically proven.
PREMIUM summaries are quality controlled, selected summaries prepared for you to help you achieve your study goals faster!
Summary - TOGAF Version 9.1
1.1 Structure of the TOGAF Document
What are the seven parts of the TOGAF document?
- PART I Introduction
- PART II Architecture Development Method (ADM)
- PART III ADM Guidelines and Techniques
- PART IV Architecture Content Framework
- PART V Enterprise Continuum & Tools
- PART VI TOGAF Reference Models
- PART VII Architecture Capability Framework
What is the intention of dividing the TOGAF specification?
- To allow for different areas of specialization to be considered in detail and potentially addressed in isolation
- To make it possible to select particular parts for adoption
1.2 Executive Overview
What is an enterprise?Any collection of organizations that has a common set of goals.
Why do I need an enterprise archictecture?The purpose of an entrprise architecture is to optimize across the enterprise the often fragmented legacy of processes into an integrated environment that is responsive to change and supportive of the delivery of business strategy.
What are the business benefits that result from a good enterprise architecture?
- A more efficient business operation
- A more efficient IT operation
- Better return on existing investment, reduced risk in future investment
- Faster, simpler and cheaper procurement
How can an architect adress the concerns of the "stakeholders" in the change?
- Identifying an refining the requirements that the stakeholders have.
- Developing views of the architecture that show how the concerns and requirements are going to be addressed
- Showing the trade-offs that are going to be made in reconcilling the pontentially conflicting concerns of different stakeholders.
What can be said about the stakeholders concerns and requirements without an enterprise architecture?That it is unlikely that all the concerns and requirements will be considered and met.
2.1 What is TOGAF?
What is TOGAF?TOGAF is an architecture framework. It provides the methods and tools for assisting in the acceptance, production, use and maintenance of an enterprise architecture.
2.2 What is Architecture in the Context of TOGAF?
What is Architecture in the Context of TOGAF?It has two meainings depending upon the context:
- A formal description of a system, or a detailed plan of the system at component level to guide its implementation
- The structure of components, inter-relationships, and the principles and guideliness governing their design and evolution over time.
2.3 What Kind of Architecture Does TOGAF Deal With?
What does the business architecture define?The business strategy, governance, organization, and key business processes.
What does the technology architecture describe?The technology architecture describes the logical software and hardware capabilitities that are required to support the deployment of business, data and application services.
What kind of architectures does TOGAF deal with?
- Business Architecture
- Data Architecture
- Application Architecture
- Technology Architecture
What does an application architecture provide?The application architecture provides a blueprint for the individual applications to be deployed, their interactions an their relationships to the core business processes of the organization.
What does the data architecture describe?The structure of an organization's logical and physical data assets and data management resources.
2.6 Enterprise continuum
What is the enterprise continuum?The enterprise continuum is a view of the Architecture Repository that provides methods for classifying architecture and solution artifacts as they evolve from generic Foundation Architectures to Organization-Specific Arhitectures.
Which two complementary concepts are comprised in the enterprise continuum?
- Architecture continuum
- Solutions continuum
Read the full summary
This summary. +380.000 other summaries. A unique study tool. A rehearsal system for this summary. Studycoaching with videos.